Saturday, July 16, 2016
Friday, July 1, 2016
Thursday, March 24, 2016
Sunday, March 20, 2016
I forgot to post this recipe last February. These Nutella filled heart tartlets are nothing but scrumptious. I hope you'll enjoy making them as much as I did.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- yolks from two large eggs
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons chocolate hazelnut spread (i.e. Nutella)
1. Pulse flour, sugar and salt in a food processor until combined. Add butter and pulse until it resembles wet sand. Add one yolk and 1/4 cup milk; mix until dough comes together into a ball. Flatten into a disk and wrap with plastic wrap. Chill for 30 minutes.
2. Roll out dough until 1/2 inch thick. Using two 2-inch heart shaped cutters, cut out hearts. Place on lined baking sheets. Chill for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 380F.
4. Combine remaining yolk and milk. Lightly brush half of the hearts with egg wash . Spread 1/4 tsp teaspoon chocolate hazelnut spread on top leaving a 1/2 inch border. Top with remaining hearts. Crimp edges to fill sealing well. Poke holes at the center using a fork. Place on lined baking sheets. Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown. Cool on a rack.
Adapted from Yummy Magazine
Saturday, February 20, 2016
Saturday, February 6, 2016
Tuesday, February 2, 2016
Thursday, January 14, 2016
I'll start the baking bucketlist for the year with this delicious and satisfying brownie variant--the sticky, gooey and oh so chocolatey Turtle Brownie. I've adapted the recipe from Epicurious and the result is just as amazing!
TURTLE BROWNIES RECIPE
- 3/4 cup plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups pecans (6 oz)
Garnish: mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Cover a 9-inch square metal baking pan with aluminum foil. Lightly grease with butter.
2. To make brownie layer,whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
3. Melt chocolate and butter in a 2-quart heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth, then remove from heat. Cool to lukewarm, then stir in brown sugar and vanilla. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating with a wooden spoon after each addition until mixture is glossy and smooth. Add flour mixture and stir until just combined.
4. Spread batter evenly in baking pan and bake in middle of oven until a tester comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a rack.
5. To maker caramel-pecan layer, bring sugar, corn syrup, water, and a pinch of salt to a boil in a 3-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved, then boil, without stirring, until mixture turns a golden caramel color, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and carefully add cream and vanilla (mixture will bubble and steam). Stir in pecans and immediately pour over brownie layer, spreading evenly. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips evenly. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.