Monster in a box

by - Tuesday, July 22, 2008


Special delivery: Monster in a box

For the past few weeks, my four year old nephew has been begging, moaning and nagging me to make a monster plushie for him.


"I want a monstei!," he wails.

Apparently he now has officially outgrown cuddly fluffy pouffy toys and has started to explore the deep dark recesses of monster land. So I sewed this critter out of long black athletic Adidas socks. I didn't have any specific monster template and rather just followed my imagination. For basic instructions on how to make a sock monster, this fun site is very helpful.

You May Also Like

8 comments

  1. What a lucky boy to have such a creative aunty!

    I love the little bird below. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a kind comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, that's ADORABLE!! i totally want to sew monster plushies now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! I bet he loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this monster, he has cool teeth and I like his beady eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute! My son has a little ugly doll, and loves it. I need to learn to make them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little nephew is going to be so pleased to receive this lovely monster in a box. What an imagination you have Christy! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh! he's so frickin' cute. i wish i had the patience to sew plushies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific monster Christy! I am sure it was welcomed by your little nephew! Love the teeth especially!!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet! Your comment is appreciated!

Printfriendly

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

2007-2024 THE SWEET TIDINGS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. POWERED BY BLOGGER