Beautiful story of bear and a WIP

by - Monday, November 17, 2008


Image from Turkey Feathers

Vicki of Turkey Feathers shares some sweet, inspiring pages from the holiday edition of Marie Claire Idees. Let's have a cuppa and dream (and drool!) together shall we?

Vicki's got her first self published book out too! It's called Blanket Statement: One Thrifted Wool Blanket Repurposed into 40+ projects. Visit her site and see how you can order this lovely book for Christmas.


Image from Turkey Feathers

Let's go now to the beautiful story of bear....


Image from Marie Claire Idees

Do you like that warm,beautiful bear in that gorgeous, wintry, dreamy room? Well, you can make one! I found the pattern secretly hiding in this secret, secret place! We all need some bear hugs and comfort in this recession filled times.



Meanwhile, this is what is stitching in the sweet tidings corner. A colourful and improvised apron inspired by this wonderful pattern. I was also inspired to create a sewing jar with a dash of inspiration from A Spoonful of Sugar and Lollychops!

That's all for now. Have a happy time!

You May Also Like

8 comments

  1. I was drooling over Turkey Feathers post too - I would love to see one of the Maree Claire Idees magazines in real life! Your little sewing jar is perfect - Lolly's tag makes a perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girl and the bear that image is so warm and fuzzy. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that issue of Marie Claire and its is great, but I get frustrated when I want to make something because I can't read the directions. Oh well, eye candy right. Thanks for the links and i love the little jar and strawberry:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the title of that book. I'm a big fan of wool blanket craft. I just spent all weekend dying them and all afternoon sewing Christmas stockings made from felted blankets with a class of 11 year olds. Might have had my fill of them for at least a week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely bear, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful image of girl and bear! Love your little decorated jar of threads too Gx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... I was poking around your site just scrolling along and I gasped when I saw my little bird tag on your jar! I think it turned out beautiful!

    I have a little flickr group I just started last week where folks can post pics of their projects using my little download and print goodies.. if you feel like posting to it let me know and I will send you the details!

    Thanks so much for using my little tags. You made my day!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet! Your comment is appreciated!

Printfriendly

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

2007-2024 THE SWEET TIDINGS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. POWERED BY BLOGGER