Chocolate Melting Cakes
- 10 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Caramel sauce
- Coffee ice cream
Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly coat a 12-muffin tin with vegetable cooking spray.
Melt the chocolate and butter in a large bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Remove from heat. In another large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar at medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and melted chocolate. Mix with a spoon until well blended.
Divide the batter evenly into 8 muffin tins and bake until the cakes have just cooked through about 15 minutes. The cakes will still look a bit moist on top. Remove from the oven and let cool 5 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream with caramel sauce on top.
- Sugar 8 oz
- Water 2 oz
- Lemon juice 3/4 tsp
- Heavy cream 6 oz
- Milk 4 oz
2. Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes.
3. Bring heavy cream to a boil.
4. Stir and continue to add the cream slowly. Return to heat.
5. Let cool completely.
6. Stir the milk into cooled caramel.