My craft relay inspired tutorial is both decorative and functional. It is a lovey accent to grace a tabletop or bookshelf while scenting the room with the warm, comforting scent of cinnamon.
POTPOURRI CINNAMON TREE
- Styrofoam ball (4 inches diameter)
- Long cinnamon stick
- Mini terracotta pot
- Potpourri wood shavings
- Spanish moss
- Red wooden heart buttons
- Natural jute twine
- Styrofoam ball, cut in half ( 2" diameter)
- Glue gun
1. Insert the halved 2" styrofoam ball into the terra cotta pot.
2. Incise a long, snug hole in the center of the large styrofoam ball. Apply hot glue on the the tip of the long cinnamon stick and insert into the styrofoam ball. Apply hot glue all over the styrofoam ball and thickly cover with spanish moss. Glue red heart shaped wooden buttons all over.
3. Incise a small hole into the halved styrofoam ball inserted into the mini terra cotta pot. Insert cinnamon stick tree. Fill the sides of the pot with potpourri wood shavings. Apply several drops of cinnamon potpourri oil into the wood shavings. You may also use other scented oils such as cinnamon roll or caramel apple scents. Artisan blended scents for autumn are readily availble on ETSY.
4. Tie a a piece of natural jute twine around the terra cotta pot. Affix a handmade label if you plan to give your potpourri cinnamon tree as a gift.
5. Decorate your desk, shelf or table with your potpourri cinnamon tree. Happy autumn!
Onwards to the next creative, happy crafter Stina of Get Lucky! Happy autumn crafting!