Sweet Tidings 3rd Day of Christmas: Winter Fairy Land Snow Domes
Recycled glass jam jars of various shapes and sizes are perfect for creating homemade snow domes. With a bit of faux snow, craft glitter and lots of imagination, you can easily create tiny, magical snow covered vignettes of storybook winter fairy wonderlands.
Winter Fairy Snow Domes
- Jam or jelly jars of various shapes and sizes
- Styrofoam balls (big enough to fit jam jar lid)
- Faux/fake snow
- Spanish moss
- Hot glue gun and glue stick
- Craft glitter
- Woodland/fairy elements--toadstool mushrooms, plastic reindeer, gnome, pixie, fairy doll
1. Using hot glue, attach a piece of styrofoam ball to the surface of the insides of the jar cover. Cover styrofoam ball with spanish moss. Glue tiny figurine or item to the mddle of the styrofoam ball. Let dry.
2.Spoon some faux snow into the glass jam jar. Add craft glitter to create sparkle and dimensional effect. Replace the jam jar cover and screw the lid tightly. Your homemade snowdome is now ready to be enjoyed and dsiplayed in your favorite Christmas corner.