This is one of my favorite recipes from The Best of Martha Stewart Living Holidays . So crisp, buttery and with tantalizing coffee flavor. Great with hot cocoa and of course- espresso!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp powdered instant coffee
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla and coffee. Sift together flour and salt; add to butter mixture and beat well.
2. Chill dough until firm.
3. Heat oven to 350 F.
4. Roll dough 1/4 inch thick and cut into 2-inch by 5-inch bars. prick with a fork. Score middle of bars with a knife.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until light brown. Remove and cool on wire rack.