Create a flurry of cascading crocheted doily snowflakes made from recycled crochet blankets. Hang vertically like a playful mobile on a window or decorate like a bunting. Which ever way, it will bring a touch of winter your way.
Upcycled Crocheted Doily Snowflake Garland
- Old, worn-out crocheted blanket
- Fabric Stiffener
- Sewing machine/needle thread
- Thick natural twine
1. Cut out crocheted doily rounds from blanket. Stiffen doilies using commercial or homemade fabric stiffener. Let dry and iron.
2. Stitch around the doily to prevent sides from fraying.
3. Using needle and thread, attach individual crochet doily rounds to natural twine either vertically or horizontally. Make the bunting/garland in any length you want.
4. Use garland/bunting to decorate windows, wreath, tree or other expected crannies of the house.