Sweet Tidings 12th Day of Christmas: Holly Berry Christmas Cupcakes
Here's an easy cupcake recipe that is inspired by my favorite Christmas symbol-- the holly berry. The cupcake base is made using Ming Makes Cupcakes' graham cupcake recipe while the butter cream frosting recipe is from Martha Stewart. Of course, sweet holly berry candy sprinkles decorate this very yummy cupcake treat.
Holly Berry Christmas Cupcakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 stick butter, room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 sticks butter( unsalted)
- 3 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Holly Berry candy sprinkles
1. Mix flour, graham crackers, baking powder and salt.
2. Beat in butter gradually.
3. Beat in sugar and mix thoroughly.
4. Beat in eggs, then vanilla and milk until mixed.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
6. Beat butter and gradually incorporate confectioner's sugar. Add vanilla.
7. Frost cupcake using spatula or decorating bag with 1M decorating nozzle.