This caramel pie is so unbelievably delicious! It's a perfect holiday treat for friends and co-workers. Make this yummy treat a festive gift by making the pie in disposable aluminum pie case and wrapped in clear or colored cellophane and adorned with ribbon.
Have a yummy holiday season!
Festive Caramel Pie
- 2- 14 oz cans sweetened condensed milk
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 9 inch graham cracker crust (2 cups crushed graham crackers , 1 stick butter and pinch of cinnamon)
- Whipped cream topping, mini semi sweet dark or white chocolate
1. Pour condensed milk into a slow cooker that has been sprayed with non-stick vegetable spray. Cover and cook on low setting for 3 1/2 hours to 4 hours. After 2 1/2 hours milk will begin to thicken ; begin stirring every 15 minutes. If slow cooker is not available, cook the condensed milk in this method.
2. Make the graham crust. Combine 2 cups crushed graham crackers, 1 stick butter and pinch of cinnamon. Mix well using wooden spoon and press to bottom of pie plate.
2. When thick and golden pour caramel into crust and chill.
3. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate chips.
Recipe adapted from Gooseberry Patch Slow-Cooker Recipes