Valentine season is coming up soon and I thought I'd do a few crafty tutorials to celebrate this most romantic and inspiring season. I'll start off with a DIY romantic necklace project that is so fun to whip up using craft leftovers such as fabric scraps, vintage buttons, ribbons and antique style charms.
Romantic Necklace Tutorial
- Shabby chic style fabric scraps
- Grosgrain ribbon
- Lace (crocheted or cotton)
- Vintage buttons
- Long strand pearl necklace
- Assorted charms or pendants i.e. cameo brooches, antique keys
1. To make fabric brooch pendants, cut out a few circles of shabby chic style fabrics fabric. Use a protractor to draw the circles. Cut out circles and stack together. Sew circles together using random machine stitches across the surface. Attach brooch clip at the back of the fabric brooch.
2. To make crocheted lace brooch pendants, sew bottom of lace using running stitches. Gather together to form into a "flower." Secure ends tightly and sew the backside of the brooch to prevent fraying. Attach brooch clip at the back of the fabric brooch. Decorate front of brooch with beads, buttons or any desired embellishment.
3. Attach your finished brooch pendants to the pearl necklace. Add lace, ribbon or charms as desired. Enjoy your unique DIY handmade romantic necklace