Saturday is for baking chocolate muffins
There are days when I'm craving muffins more than cupcakes. Given its philosophical underpinings, a muffin is simple, bare, lacks pretense but is downright delicious to the very core. And chocolate doesn't need to be pretty to be delicious.
I love this recipe as it tastes more like chocolate cake than a muffin. It's a yummy way to get your chocolate fix.
Have a happy weekend!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
1. Melt butter for 30 seconds in the microwave. Let cool. Add sugar. Blend in eggs. Mix well using whisk or mixer.
2. Combine dry ingredients together.
3. Alternately add dry ingredients and buttermilk to the creamed mixture.
4. Pour muffin batter to cupcake trays. Bake at 350 until done.
5. Enjoy your fresh muffins.