Who says cookie baking has to stop after Christmas? Valentines is just the perfect season to indulge in yummy heartwarming treats. Check out my food blog Kitchen Samurai for more Valentine inspired recipes such as this scrumptious Strawberry William.
Vanilla Shortbread Sugar Cookies with Sugar Free Strawberry Filling
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Beat butter until soft. Add confectioner's sugar and beat until well combined.
2. In a separate bowl blend together flour and salt.
3. Gradually add dry ingredients to butter mixture. Beat in vanilla extract.
4. Knead dough until mixture is well combined. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for one hour or overnight.
5. Thaw and roll out dough to 1/4 inches thickness. Cut out cookie sandwich using heart linzer cookie cutter.
6. Bake at 350 F for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on wire rack.
7. Dust window (top cookie ) with confectioner's sugar (optional)
8. Spread sugar free strawberry jam on bottom cookie.
9. Assemble cookie like a sandwich.
Recipe adapted from Rosewater Shortbread Cut Out Sugar Cookie recipe