Monday, February 28, 2011
1. Kawaii Food with Face matchbox (sent), 2. nyappy hotcake, 3. Hand Carved Toast Stamp Set, 4. Bunny cake Kawaii smiling food with faces postcard, 5. みかん ♥, 6. Peanut Butter and Jelly Best Friends Forever Pin Set, 7. Miss Rocket Pops!, 8. Kawaii food 5, 9. Kawaii Food Picks Colorful Fruits Party Decoration Ideas Japan
See more Mosaic Mondays here!
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Hello! Calvin the Kitty Cat here with my pal Goldfish. Christy just finished sewing us from the pattern book Sew it, Stuff it by Robert Merrett. We're ready to go out and play. Join us!
P.S. You might want to enter my happy 1,000th blog post giveaway. I'll draw a winner tomorrow.
Saturday, February 26, 2011
It's a nice day to bake something fresh and sunshiny--like a batch of Orange Poppy Seed Cookies perhaps? Part tangy, part sweet, each cookie tastes like a bite of sunshine. This recipe is adapted from Simply Recipes. Instead of orange zest, I used orange extract instead.
Don't forget to enter my Happy 1,000th Blog Post giveaway. It ends on Feb 28.
Orange Poppy Seed Cookies
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter, room temperature
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon orange extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1 Beat together butter and sugar until well blended.
2 Add the egg and the orange extract. Beat for thirty seconds and mix well.art way through to ensure even mixing.
3 In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly sift it into the butter mixture until combined. Add the poppy seeds.
4 Place heaping teaspoonfuls on a baking sheet.
5 Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes or until just turning golden around the edges. Remove from oven.
Yield: 3 1/2 dozen cookies.
Thursday, February 24, 2011
As promised, here's my belated happy 1000th post giveaway!
This time, I am giving away a cute, kawaii themed gift pack consisting of one kitty cat foldable shopping bag, Candy Doll kawaii band-aid canister pack and a pink decorative lace/doily seal. The shopping bag can easily be clipped inside your handbag. The kawaii band-aid is perfect for mending craft related injuries such as needle pricks or maybe a broken heart. The pink lace seal is a sweet embellishment for packaging and crafting projects.
Just leave a comment with your contact details (i.e. email address). You'll get an additional point if you join the Sweet Tidings Facebook page. Please leave your links in a separate comment. I'll draw a winner on Monday, February 28.
Thank you so much for reading and following this blog. Wishing you a lovely day!
Comments are now closed. I will be announcing the name of the winner shortly. Thank you for participating.
Rain, rain please come again soon!
Seriously, rainy season is still so far away but I'm dreaming of jumping into puddles in these cute rain boots from Plueys. Check out the Sew Cute design. It's definitely crafter inspired!
I marked my Happy 1,000 blog post recently but was too busy to do a giveaway. Anyway I can't roll off to the next 1,000 posts without giving back something. So check back on my blog later tonight for my 1,000 blog post giveaway. See you!
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
All images from KF Studio
I stumbled upon the utterly cute KF Studio website a couple of years ago but lost the address when I reformatted my computer. Anyway due to sheer serendipity I found it again-- lucky for you! As a kawaii lover I am committed to share my kawaii finds with you. So here you go--help yourself to the KF Studio kawaii printable buffet. Click on the Japanese links on the right side panel of the website. It will be easy to navigate as the hover links are in English.
Have fun! Happy kawaii day!
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Images from Eat Drink Chic
Say I love you all year long with these delightful DIY 'Je t'aime printables from stylish blog Eat Drink Chic. Make coffee time more cozy with the printable coffee cup sleeve or sweeten up a handmade gift with the DIY mini card.
Have a sweet February!
I love rubber stamps. I love sticky notes too. Put them together and voila, you've got handstamped post-it notes to stick everywhere and anywhere.
Sticky notes are available in various sizes,shapes and colors and they're easy to personalize using purchased or hand carved rubber stamps. Try it and leave someone a sweet note today!
Monday, February 21, 2011
Makeover your space with some gorgeous pillows! Sew Mama Sew is running a February Pillow Month sew-along. Learn the art and technique of making various types of fancy pillows such as this gorgeous birdcage pillow from Chasing Cottons.
If you're not the sewing type you can always hop over to ETSY for some superbly cute pillows such as these Boy/Girl Head Pillows from Vintage Jane.
Happy new week!
1. Sweet ♥ Pudding-Flan, 2. Fabric for Tia, 3. Kokeshi Crochet Hook Case Now Back in Shop, 4. MP3/Cellphone case - Strawberries, 5. Handmade Japanese Bunka Doll Cute Toy Blue & Pink Retro Japan, 6. Crafty Mooks sewing tape, 7. An idea of sizing!, 8. 9784529048484 felt wool cute zakka, 9. Garland of Hand Stamped Houses
See more Mosaic Mondays here!
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Saturday, February 19, 2011
So many cute sewing projects, so little time! Looks like I'll be adding this Snipsnaphappy matryoshka doll project to my five years waiting list of to-do projects and to my matryoshka craft round-up. I also need to seriously detox from my compulsive behavior of printing every pattern I can lay my hands on. I am embarrassed to even show you my craft folder which is bursting at the seams with every conceivable doll/stuffie pattern.
As I'm always in a quandary as to what project to work on, I think I'll get a large mason jar and draw the title of the projects to do every week. Better yet I'll just use random number generator. Problem solved. Hah.
No craft night tonight as I want to catch up on my reading and hopefully sleep at a decent hour. On that note me and my Pig-Rabbit bid you goodnight and happy weekend!
The weekend is here! Time to relax and unwind. Savor tea time or coffee break with a yummy sliver of cappuccino biscotti. I particularly like biscotti because it's butter-free and it keeps well. It makes a lovely kitchen gift too.
Have a lovely weekend!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Combine and sift dry ingredients together.
2. Add sugar to egg and beat well.
3. Add dry ingredients to egg mixture. Blend well.
4. Form into a log. Brush top with beaten egg whites.
5. Bake in the oven for 20 minute at 350F.
6. Remove from oven and slice diagonally using serrated knife.
7 . Lower oven temperature and return sliced biscotti slivers to the oven.
8. Bake until slightly crisp and golden.
Enjoy biscotti with a cup of coffee tea or red wine.
Recipe adapted from Joy of Baking
Friday, February 18, 2011
Thursday, February 17, 2011
The Month of Love ain't over yet. There's still enough time to create heart inspired DIY projects to celebrate love and romance. Check out these dreamy February projects from Dutch DIY and decorating site Ariadne at Home. To access the site in English, use an online language translator.
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Image from Sew Bold
Image from Craft Passion
Image from Doll Maker
Terry cat tutorial and pattern from Doll Maker
Image from Paper Craft
Image from Babalisme
Image from Mmmcrafts
Meow! Add a bit of creature comfort to your life with some cat inspired crafty projects. Happy making and sewing!
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
I was inspired by this gorgeous rose petal cake so I decided to bake a valentine cake for everyone. Does it look anywhere close to the rose petal cake? Mine doesn't have real rose petals--just heavenly swirls of pink mountain frosting.
C'mon and have a slice! Hope your Valentine celebration was fun!
Monday, February 14, 2011
Wishing you a sweet and happy day filled with lots of love, cake and heart lollipops! Happy Valentine's Day!
P.S. Thank you to sweet Saskia for these wonderful Dutch hearts and card! It arrived on Valentine's Day and made my day extra sweet!
1. valentine, 2. Miniature Pink Strawberry Cake, 3. Valentine cake, 4. Valentine's cake with roses close up, 5. valentine-cake-heart, 6. Valentine's day cake, 7. Valentine cake, 8. Valentines Day Cake, 9. Valentine
See more Mosaic Mondays here!
Saturday, February 12, 2011
Heartstring Gift Tags
Use gift tag paper shaper and mini heart puncher to fashion cute valentine bakery gift tags.
1. Cut out paper tags using paper shaper.
2. Punch out heart design on paper tag.
3. Cut out small piece of fabric swatch and tape underneath heart window.
4. Cut out another paper tag and glue to the back of the first paper tag. Punch out hole to insert bakery twine string.
Heartstring Valentine Card
This is a cute and simple valentine card to match our heart string bakery tag.
1. Using board paper, create your tent card in your desired size (4" x6" or 5" x7"). Fold in half using bone folder.
2. Punch out a border of hearts at the bottom of the card using heart shaped puncher.
3. Cut out strip of fabric to cover heart shaped window. Attach using double sided tape. Cover fabric strip with with strip of board paper.
Lacey Valentine Card
This is the easiest and prettiest valentine card to whip up in less than 5 minutes. All you need is some card stock and decorative pink lace seal (only one available at my ETSY shop).
1. Using board paper, create your tent card in your desired size ( 4" x6" or 5" x7" ). Fold in half using bone folder.
2. Gently peel decorative lace adhesive and carefully apply to bottom area of tent card.
Romantic Doily Valentine Card
This sweet and simple valentine card is even easier to make than the Lacey Valentine Card. All you need is card stock, purchased doily and glue gun.
1. Using board paper, create your tent card in your desired size ( 4" x6" or 5" x7"). Fold in half using bone folder.
2. Apply doily to center of tent card using glue gun.
3. Voila, valentine!
Confetti Hearts in a Bottle
Recycle mini apothecary bottles in a sweet way. Fill them with confetti hearts. You may even want to snuck in a little love message inside your bottle. Enclose this bottle inside your valentine card or use as a gift tag.
1. Cut out confetti hearts using heart shaped tag puncher.
2. Fill bottle with confetti hearts. Insert your teeny weeny love message inside Replace cap.
3. Embellish with tiny ribbon.
4. Enclose inside your valentine card.
Enjoy your valentine weekend. I'm off to do a marathon of my fave romantic K-dramas!
Image from Sew4home
Curious of what this years' banner color is? The 2011 Color of the Year is the vibrant, energetic hue of Honeysuckle (Pantone 18-2120). As a color, Honeysuckle lifts spirits and imparts confidence to help you meet life's ongoing challenges.
Pantone describes the wonderful attributes of this delightful color:
A Color for All Seasons
Courageous. Confident. Vital. A brave new color, for a brave new world. Let the bold spirit of Honeysuckle infuse you, lift you and carry you through the year. It’s a color for every day – with nothing “everyday” about it.
Let this color inspire you in your sewing and craft projects this year. Sew4home has a wonderful fabric buying guide to help you infuse Honeysuckle's joyful spirit to your life and home.