The weekend is here! Time to relax and unwind. Savor tea time or coffee break with a yummy sliver of cappuccino biscotti. I particularly like biscotti because it's butter-free and it keeps well. It makes a lovely kitchen gift too.
Have a lovely weekend!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Combine and sift dry ingredients together.
2. Add sugar to egg and beat well.
3. Add dry ingredients to egg mixture. Blend well.
4. Form into a log. Brush top with beaten egg whites.
5. Bake in the oven for 20 minute at 350F.
6. Remove from oven and slice diagonally using serrated knife.
7 . Lower oven temperature and return sliced biscotti slivers to the oven.
8. Bake until slightly crisp and golden.
Enjoy biscotti with a cup of coffee tea or red wine.
Recipe adapted from Joy of Baking