Katherine Hepburn Brownies (with Chocolate Hazelnut Glaze)
There's always room for another brownie recipe! This recipe is said to have come from the famous hollywood actress and was published in gossip columnist Liz Smith's column. Spread a generous layer of chocolate hazelnut spread on the cooled brownies for a richer flavor.
Katharine Hepburn Brownies (with Chocolate Hazelnut Glaze)
- 2 ounces (60 grams) unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (30 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) and place rack in center of oven. Butter and flour an 8 inch (20 cm) square baking pan.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter in a stainless steel bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar. Next, stir in the vanilla extract and eggs. Finally, stir in the flour, salt and chopped nuts (if using).
3. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for about 30 - 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Recipe adapted from Joy of Cooking