This is a fun snack for the kids on a warm summer afternoon. Just add delicious ice cream on the side!
Chocolate Woodland Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
1. Melt butter for 30 seconds in the microwave. Let cool. Add sugar. Blend in eggs. Mix well using whisk or mixer.
2. Combine dry ingredients together.
3. Alternately add dry ingredients and buttermilk to the creamed mixture.
4. Pour muffin batter to cupcake trays. Bake at 350 until done.
5. Mix confectioner's sugar with milk. Using a small pastry bag, decorate top of muffins with confectioner sugar.