Celebrate September with this yummy cake inspired by a favorite, feel good campfire treat-S'mores! It's a quick tasty treat to whip up when you're craving a familiar, childhood treat.
Some more S'mores please!
- 1 cup graham crackers, finely ground
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
2 cups mini marshmallows (melted)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease the 8 -inch square baking pan and dust it with flour, knocking out any extra. Combine the graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
2. Cream butter and sugar. Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
3. Alternately add flour mixture and milk mixture to butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Scrape batter into the prepared pan. Bake until done or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Frosting: Melt mini marshmallows in a ceramic, microwaveable bowl for 5-10 seconds. Spread onto cake.
Recipe adapted from Easy Desserts: Cakes, Cookies, Puddings and More