Cathy Applehead Handmade Doll Pattern & Tutorial
Hello everyone! I have an autumn inspired gift for all of you--a Cathy Applehead Doll Pattern!
It's my first time to make a doll pattern and tutorial and so please bear with my wonky directions and instructions. I assume most of my readers are already intermediate crafters so making this doll would be a breeze. Hope you enjoy it. I look forward to seeing your creations soon!
Note: You are free to sell dolls made from this pattern. Just don't forget to attribute design to Sweet Tidings.
Applehead Cathy Handmade Doll Pattern and Tutorial
- Fabric (linen, Japanese cotton, canvass muslin)
- Felt (for hair, boots, scarf, head and leaf)
- Sewing machine, thread and needle
2. Cut and trace pattern to fabric. Add 1/2 inch seam allowance.
3. Use heavy weight muslin or canvass fabric for the doll's face. Applique face to one piece of red felt apple fabric. Stitch on felt hair. Attach one side of head and body fabric together. Do this process twice. Sew and fill arms and leg fabric pieces with polyfill. Cut two pieces of "felt leaves" and sew/embroider together.
4. Tuck and sew doll arms and felt leaves inside the two pieces of fabric (attached head and body) wrong side out. Turn fabric outside in and fill with polyfill. Insert leg fabric pieces and neatly sew opening.
4. Embroider or paint doll face. Cut and sew a piece of brown felt for the doll's boots. Also cut a strip of felt for the doll's scarf.
5. Finished doll measures 17.5 inches in height. It's a very poseable and flexible doll. Hope you enjoy it.