Recipe: Granny Smith Apple Cupcakes

by - Sunday, September 18, 2011




I made Granny Smith Apple Cupcakes this weekend! I subscribe to Martha Stewart's podcasts on iTunes and I was inspired by one of her recent back-to-school ideas and recipes.

Originally I wanted to make red apple cupcakes but ran out of red food coloring. I almost  dashed out to the shops to get a fresh bottle but Sunday laziness got the better of me. I ended up decorating my cupcakes in apple-y  green. After all,  I really think Granny Smith is prettier than Red Delicious.

This recipe calls for basic vanilla cupcake recipe and buttercream frosting. You can find my vanilla cupcake base recipe on my food blog. For the buttercream recipe, I always use Martha's  Easy Buttercream recipe. To mimic a real Granny Smith, I used chocolate covered pretzel sticks and store bought edible sugar leaves.

What have you been cooking/baking/creating this weekend?

You May Also Like

2 comments

Sweet! Your comment is appreciated!

Printfriendly

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

2007-2024 THE SWEET TIDINGS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. POWERED BY BLOGGER