Awakening in color + wallpaper for you

by - Friday, October 21, 2011

Click to enlarge and download 1028 x 760 wallpaper


I like brewing sun tea and enjoying a soul recharging sunshine bath early in the morning. I just love how the world glimmers in early morning sunlight. Blades of grass sparkle in scintillating bokehs as the sun kisses a new day. Happiness is really seeing the world awash in color.

As I chased sparkling bokehs around the garden, I  found myself mesmerized by a bubble pink hibiscus. I imagined a flurry of  butterflies getting intoxicated by its  pink lemonade nectar. Truly a natural thing of beauty that merited a photo-op.

Camera in hand,  I pursued a sharp macro rendition of the pink hibiscus. I am obsessed with ultra sharp photos and I staunchly and often ridiculously categorize blurry,fuzzy photos as bad. However, the more I tried to achieve focal clarity, the more out of focus the image became. Spellbound by the softness of the strangely out of the focus hibiscus, I found myself drawn into its bubblepink candypop energetic frequency.  So delightful. Now that the image has completely defocused and all hard edges have blurred and dissolved into an enigmatic interplay of monochromatic pink romance,  I could literally feel the hibiscus pulsating, vibrating, radiating its sweet pink energy. I basked in the beauty of the hibiscus' essential suchness as a wave of peace enveloped me. Eckhart Tolle's quote from his book A New Earth came to mind:

Even a stone, and more easily a flower or a bird, could show you the way back to God, to the Source, to yourself. When you look at it or hold it & let it be without imposing a word of mental label on it, a sense of awe, of wonder, arises within you. Its essence silently communicates itself to you and reflects your own essence back to you.
Soon enough, I  was running around the garden, flitting like a bee from one flower to another totally agog with excitement by my newly discovered photography technique and a glimpse of a spiritual truth. This soft eyes photographic technique is deeply awakening. Much like learning to see a human aura, by softening your gaze and opening your heart you will see fairy lights twinkling on a blade of grass.


This is a little slideshow of the ethereal, auric colors seen on the humblest of garden flowers and a patch of blue sky. Enjoy!

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. What a beautiful journey you described here; the image took on so much more meaning after I read the thought process that produced it. That said, you've inspired me to song: All things bright and beautiful, all creatures great and small...

    ReplyDelete

Sweet! Your comment is appreciated!

Printfriendly

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

2007-2024 THE SWEET TIDINGS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. POWERED BY BLOGGER