Cloud watching on a perfect day

by - Friday, October 14, 2011


Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under the trees on a summer`s day, listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.


John Lubbock

Today is one of those rare days when everything is is bright, sunny, perfect.. it's almost unreal. Everything feels like Cloud Cuckoo Land.  So on a perfect day, the most sensible thing to do is to go cloud watching {scientific name: Nephelococcygia}!

Cloud watching is fun and cheap and if not for the tasks that are awaiting me I can go cloud watching all day until my dark brown eyes turn blue!

May your weekend be as bright and sunny as today. Happy weekend!

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. What an inspired post. Last year, when a nifty cloud observation book came out, I promised myself I would be more observant of the clouds. I used to watch the sun go down at the Cloisters (in NYC), and often thought how each cloud display was like an alphabet of messages, waiting to be deciphered.
    Gosh, I ought to make time to go watch the sky for at least 15 minutes! Thank you for this post!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet! Your comment is appreciated!

Printfriendly

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

2007-2024 THE SWEET TIDINGS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. POWERED BY BLOGGER