Recipe: Halloween Victorian Sugar Cookies
Victorian Sugar Cookie
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Cream butter and sugar, add eggs and blend well. Stir in vanilla and almond extracts.
2. Sift together all purpose flour, salt and baking powder.
3. Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture. Blend well. Pat dough into a log and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator overnight.
4. Thaw and roll dough. Cut into desired halloween shapes using cookie cutters.
5. Bake in 350F degrees oven until edges are golden brown.