Recipe: Halloween Victorian Sugar Cookies

by - Sunday, October 30, 2011


This recipe is culled from my favorite Victoria Magazine.  I can't find the online  recipe link anymore but thank goodness I managed to save the recipe. If you're the habitual recipe clipper, I highly recommend the fabulous Keep Recipe web app. The Keep Recipe pinmarklet is really heaven sent for folks like me!


Victorian Sugar Cookie


Ingredients:

  • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp almond extract
  • 3 cups all purpose flour
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
Directions:

1. Cream butter and sugar, add eggs and blend well. Stir in vanilla and almond extracts.

2. Sift together all purpose flour, salt and baking powder.

3. Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture. Blend well. Pat dough into a log and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator overnight.

4. Thaw and roll dough. Cut into desired halloween shapes using cookie cutters.

5. Bake in 350F degrees  oven until edges are golden brown.

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. While I didn't bake the cookies today, I did spend a few hours joining Keep Recipes, because I'd like to try it out. Usually, I spend time collecting recipes from the web, then print them out into cookbooks. I have three now, but what I'm finding is that it can sometimes be hard to remember or find certain recipes, so I decided to give KR a try! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

Sweet! Your comment is appreciated!

Printfriendly

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

2007-2024 THE SWEET TIDINGS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. POWERED BY BLOGGER