This is definitely my next favorite cake after chocolate! Spiced Orange and Cranberry Cake is buttery soft like chiffon and smells like heaven. It's a very unpretentious looking cake yet locked and loaded with the refreshing flavor of orange, cranberry and hint of cloves.
Bake it! It's a serious kitchen aromatherapy treat!
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp grated orange zest
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease square or round cake pan. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cloves in a medium mixing bowl. Combine buttermilk, eggs, orange juice and vanilla in a a bowl and lightly built.
2. Combine and cream the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Stir in orange zest.
3. Pour in egg mixture and combine well.
4. Add the flour mixture, 1/2 cup at a time. Stir in the cranberries.
5. Bake until golden or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Recipe adapted from Easy Desserts Magazine