Happy 11:11! They say that if you make a wish at exactly 11:11 your wish will be granted! I have yet to see my wishes materialize but I hope yours do come true.
Today also happens to be Pepero Day. I don't celebrate this holiday but since I love k-pop (love Shinee, JYJ and 2NE1) I gave homemade pepero sticks a spin. I adapted this recipe from Baking School. Next year if I get lazy this time of month I'll go buy myself some Pocky Sticks.
Sorry for the bad photos! There's no more available natural light when I took these photos. Had to make use of the lovely, soft glow of refrigerator light. I believe refrigerator light is the most flattering night light next to candlelight, LOL!
Chocolate Dipped Pepero Stick Recipe
- Flour- 155 grams
- Baking powder- 1/2 tsp
- Sugar- 28 grams
- Pinch of salt
- Butter- 57 grams (1/4 cup)
- Milk- 80 grams
1. Sift and combine dry ingredients together.
2. Add butter and blend well until it resembles coarse corn meal. Add milk gradually until dough is firm.
3. Pat dough into a square and wrap in cellophane. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4. Slice and roll dough into thin strips.
5. Bake in 350 F degrees oven for 15 minutes. Let cool.
6. Microwave dark chocolate morsels in a bowl for 30-540 seconds.
7. Dip pepero sticks in chocolate and decorate with sprinkles. Chill in the refrigerator until chocolate has firmly set.
Enjoy! Happy Pepero Day!