Hello Mon Cherie Pies! Here's a sweet little Valentine's day craft to make for yourself or for your DIY inclined friends. Happy crafting!
Cherry Pie Pincushion DIY Tutorial
- Fluted brioche tin
- White felt
- Red felt
- Needle and thread/Sewing machine
- Glue gun and glue stick
1. Measure the diameter of your brioche tin. Using a protractor, draw a circle on a piece of cardboard that approximates the bottom size of the brioche tin. Use this pattern to cut out 2 pieces of white felt. Make a heart-shaped cut-out in the middle of one white felt. Machine stitch a patch of red felt underneath it. Add a layer of round white felt underneath it.
2. Wrap a ball of polyfill using the white felt. Secure the edges by sewing a running stitch around it. Pull the thread and tighten.
3. Using a glue gun, apply a generous amount of glue on the bottom rim and surface of the brioche tin pan. Glue the "felt cherry pie" into place.
4. To make long stemmed cherry push pins, make little round shaped pieces of red felt and sew them around a piece of sturdy push pin (preferably a push pin with a handle point). Insert natural twine for cherry stems.