Fairy Wish Jar DIY Tutorial
I love how the February Creative Everyday Challenge is inspiring me to switch to magical thinking mode. I think handmade crafts can be useful, magical tools to enliven and support our goals and dreams via meaningful everyday rituals.
I originally wanted to make a glowing firefly jar but since I can't find real fireflies or glow in the dark paint I thought of making a wish jar.
My version of a wish jar borders on the whimsical. It's made of a recycled Smucker's orange marmalade jam jar, a Mary Engelbreit magazine paper doll, a tiny ceramic goose figurine, a swab of green felt, ribbon, jam jar label, natural twine and handwritten tag. On tiny pieces of sticky notes I have written in red ballpoint ink positive and affirmative goals and wishes in the present tense. This lovely article is a good reference on how to write goals and wishes.
Fairy Wish Jar DIY
- Jelly, jam or mason jars with screw cap
- Various bits and bobs like stickers, ribbons, artwork etc
- Tiny figurines, cards or lucky symbols
- Tiny pieces of paper containing wishes and goals written in red ink
2. Fill jar with various objects that inspire or symbolize your goals and dreams.
3. Decorate jar with stickers, artwork, ribbon lace or anything that you like.
4. On tiny pieces of paper, write in red ink your goals and wishes. Drop them inside the jam jar.
5. Now that you've got your intentions and goals set, make those dreams happen! You can do it!