Valentine Recipe: Flourless Fudge Cookies

by - Sunday, February 05, 2012




I had mint tea and cookie at a local coffee shop and I sampled one of their signature offerings- a flourless chocolate cookie. I liked it so much I had to look for an online recipe that approximated the same taste and texture. This recipe from King Arthur Flour is an absolute jackpot because it's even better than the cookie I tasted. It's super chewy, fudgy and has rich, elegant chocolatey taste. It's a cookie so indulgent it's best enjoyed in small bites and slowly savored. The best thing about it it has zero, zilch-o fat!

I would like to try the recipe from Kumquat. It looks good!

 
Flourless Fudge Cookies

2 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon coffee powder

1 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
3 large egg whites
2 teaspoons vanilla extract


Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with silpat.

2. Stir together all of the ingredients till smooth. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl, and stir again till smooth.

3. Drop the soft, batter-like dough onto the prepared baking sheets in 1 1/2" circles; a tablespoon cookie scoop works well here.

4. Bake the cookies for 11 minutes; they should spread, become somewhat shiny, and develop faintly crackly tops.

5. Remove the cookies from the oven, and allow them to cool right on the pan.


Recipe adapted from King Arthur Flour website

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Yumm - they look and sound delicious! Perfect with mint tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With Fairy's gluten allergies, I am always on the look-out for a tasty, gluten free treat to share with her. Thanks :) Also, I am mesmerized by all the ways I can view your blog. How over the top fun :) I'll be linking on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet! Your comment is appreciated!

Printfriendly

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

2007-2024 THE SWEET TIDINGS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. POWERED BY BLOGGER