Time to give our sweet tooth a break! How about a savory snack that's healthier and tastier? Check out this Veggie Cracker recipe from Homebaking School. It's easy to make and so full of flavor.
- Carrots (1-2 pieces, finely chopped)
- Onion juice, 2 tbsp
- 30 grams butter
- 30 grams sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 yolk
- 130 grams flour
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- Parsley, 2 tbsp finely chopped
1. In a bowl , sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Chop carrots and bake in the oven for 10 minutes in 300F oven to remove moisture. Chop onions and squeeze out juice using a cheese cloth.
2. Cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolk and blend well.
3. Add flour mixture to butter mixture. Add onion juice, carrots and parsley. Mix well and roll out using rolling pin. Using cookie cutter, cut veggie cracker dough into desired shape.
4. Bake in a pre-heated 350F oven until golden brown. Serve warm.