Here's the last recipe on my list that makes use of homemade red bean paste. This recipe comes from Christine's Recipe, a definitive Asian food blog filled with fabulous Chinese recipes as well as Western flavors too. The noodle recipes there just look amazing!
Chinese Style Red Bean Pancakes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
- Red bean paste
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- Vegetable oil
1. Combine flour, sugar and salt. Set aside in another bowl.
2. Make a well and add eggs and water.
3. Mix well using wooden spoon.
4. Make pancakes in a non-stick skillet.
5. Set cooked pancakes aside.
5. Scoop a good amount of red bean paste into the center of the pancake.
6. Overlap four edges of the pancake to form a square.
7. Deep fry filled pancake until golden brown.
8. Drain pancakes on a paper towel.
9. Sprinkle top with sesame seeds and cut into long slices.
10. Serve warm.