Recipe: Crispy Pizza Crust
If you love a crispy pizza crust you will love this recipe from Pizza! (Delicious Recipes for Toppings and Crusts for all Pizza Lovers) by Pippa Cuthbert and Lindsay Cameron Wilson. Just roll out the dough extra thin for extra crunchiness.
CRISPY PIZZA CRUST
- 4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 1/4 cups (300 ml) lukewarm water
- 4 1/2 cups (500 grams) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
1. Sprinkle the yeast into 1/2 cup water. Dissolve for 5-10 minutes. Add about 2 Tbsp of the flour and mix to a smooth paste, then stir in the remaining water. Cover and leave the yeast mixture for about 30 minutes or until it is bubbling or foamy.
2. Combine the flour (reserve 2 Tbsp for kneading) and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the center. Pour in the yeast liquid. Using a wooden spoon, work the ingredients together by pulling the flour into the liquid until it comes together.
3. Use your hands to transfer the mixture to a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough for 10 minutes or until it is smooth and elastic. Form the dough into a ball. Leave to rise under a clean tea towel for about 1 1/2-2 hours or until doubled in size.
4. Punch down the dough and knead for a couple of minutes. Divide into four balls. Press each dough ball out flat and using a floured rolling pin, shape into a 10-12 inch diameter circle. Using your knuckles, press just inside the edges to raise them slightly. Leave to rest for 10-15 minutes. Preheat oven to 475F/240C.
5. Ad your toppings . Cook in the middle of the oven for 10-120 minutes or until crispy and golden and the base is cooked.
Recipe from Pizza! cookbook