This is my favorite holiday cookie this year given that it's the only cookie I ever baked this Christmas season. This recipe is from Not Martha, one of my favorite craft websites for the best links, projects and recipes.
Have a happy and fabulous 2013!
SPARKLING CHEWY MOLASSES COOKIES
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup sanding sugar (mine is combo of orange sanding sugar and granulated sugar)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
3. Cream butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs and the molasses.
4. Spoon one teaspoon dough and form into a ball.
5. Roll into sanding sugar and bake until done.