Glad to have found this delicious homemade lemon tart recipe. Indeed it's the best ever!
HOMEMADE LEMON TART
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon confectioner's sugar
1. In a blender, combine butter, sugar, vanilla extract, salt and flour using the paddle attachment.
2. Shape into a ball and press into a 9-inch false bottom tart pan. Refrigerate pie crust for one-hour or overnight if desired.
3. Bake crust for 15 minutes or until light brown.
4. To make the filling, blend and whisk together sugar, eggs, lemon juice and flour until smooth and creamy.
5. Pour lemon filling into crust and bake until lemon filling is set. Let cool and dust with confectioner's sugar.