I got myself a mini bundt cake pan this Christmas as I hoped to make mini plum puddings. The busy holidays just whizzed by and I never got the chance. Anyway, January rolled in nice and quiet and weekends have been crafty and productive so far. For a lovely afternoon tea, I made these easy mini bundt pan cake donuts adapted from The Prepared Pantry. You can download Prepared Pantry's collection of mini bundt cake pan recipes here.
MINI BUNDT PAN CAKE DONUTS
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Cherry (no stems)
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/8 tsp meringue powder
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease mini bundt cake pan.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, 1/2 cup sugar, salt, and nutmeg together in a medium bowl with a whisk.
3. Beat the egg, melted butter, milk, and vanilla in another bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
4. Spoon the batter into molds equally. This will fill 12 half muffin size bundt pans molds. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden.
5. Let donuts cool. Prepare donut glaze.
6. Glaze donuts and garnish with cherry.