Friday, February 21, 2014
Art is a Way, a path strewn with ethereal papercut flowers is a most beautiful place to think, dream and be inspired. Created by the legendary papercut artist Elsa Mora, the site invites you to linger awhile, cup of herbal tea in hand to discover and rediscover your inner artist in the truest, most authentic way.
Thank you to Ane Pixestos for sharing this gem of a site. Have a lovely weekend everyone!
Thursday, February 20, 2014
Purple yam or ube as it is called in the Philippines is one of my favorite flavors ever. Ube lends itself to a wide variety of delectable cakes and desserts such as ube macapuno cake, rice cakes, candies, milk shakes and even ice cream. Purple yam also has such a pretty color! So quite in sync with this year's fashionable pantone color Radiant Orchid.
Ube or purple yam jam (love how that sounds!), the star ingredient in this recipe is readily available in Asian specialty stores.
PURPLE YAM JAM CUPCAKE RECIPE
- Vanilla cupcake base
- Bottled purple yam/ube jam
- Purple yam/ube flavored coloring
- White sprinkles
Vanilla cupcake base
- 1 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 stick butter, room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
1. Mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat in butter gradually.
2. Beat in sugar and mix thoroughly. Beat in eggs, then vanilla and milk. Beat just until mixed.
3. To make jam filled cupcakes, pour half of the cupcake batter onto cupcake liners. Add a dollop of ube jam. Add another layer of batter to cover. Be careful to keep the cupcake liner only 3/4 full.
4. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out almost clean.
Purple yam/Ube buttercream recipe
- 1 stick butter
- 1 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- Ube flavored coloring
- Ube jam (1/2 tsp per cupcake)
2. Pipe a dollop of ube jam in the middle.
3. Spread or pipe ube buttercream on the cupcake. Decorate with sprinkles.
Wednesday, February 19, 2014
Just pottering around on a sick day.
I'm not really feeling so marvelous as I'm down with the flu. Hope you're all holding well to the new, crazy global weather pattern we're having lately. I've been unusually susceptible to catching the nasties due to the extreme weather
Stay healthy sweetlings! I hope to be back soon with some spring inspired tutorial or something.
Monday, February 17, 2014
Love the MUJI aesthetique? Learn how to create cool, calm a cozy spaces so reminiscent of the MUJI lifestyle with Ide's definitive guide to choosing art for the home and office. Furthermore, Ide in Art will inspire you with Japan's foremost artists and style makers.
Have a good week!
Thursday, February 13, 2014
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Friday, February 7, 2014
Wednesday, February 5, 2014
|Image from MaMan|