Hand Lettered Canvas Pillow DIY

by - Thursday, March 20, 2014



Hello there! Happy spring/summer wherever your latitude is. May you enjoy the new season and all the delightful things it brings.

I'm back with the first DIY tutorial for the year. Sorry, I haven't been so productive in the tutorials department lately but I will try my best to catch up.  I look forward to making some Spring/Easter craft projects soon.

This DIY project is inspired by my love for typographic pillows and other household items.  I can't seem to find the ones I like in the shops so I thought of customizing my own. You can use your favorite words, phrases or quotes for this particular project.  

HAND LETTERED  CANVAS PILLOW DIY

Materials:
  • Fiskars alphabet shape template tool
  • Fabric paint
  • Pencil
  • Calligraphy paint brush
  • Medium thick canvas fabric
  • Sewing machine/needle and thread 

How to make:



1. Measure the length and width of your throw pillow and cut out a piece of canvas fabric to fit the pillow accordingly. Make sure to include fabric seam allowance etc.

2. Position the Fiskars alphabet template tool in the middle of the fabric and trace your desired texts or words with a pencil. Dip your paint brush into a small amount of fabric paint and carefully trace the outlines. Fill in the insides of the texts with paint.




3. Let the fabric dry for 30 minutes. Press the fabric using a warm iron to permanently set the fabric paint. 

4. Using basic sewing techniques, turn the fabric into a throw pillow case.        


5. Voila! Doesn't it look like spring has sprung! Enjoy your new typographic canvas pillow. Till next time!

You May Also Like

0 comments

Sweet! Your comment is appreciated!

Printfriendly

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

2007-2024 THE SWEET TIDINGS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. POWERED BY BLOGGER