Recipe: Conversation Heart Sugar Cookies
Wow, so it's February already? Time to make sugar cookies! I always reply on my usual Victorian sugar cookie recipe but this time I tried this lovely sugar cookie recipe from Lauren's Latest. It turned out to be the perfect recipe for stamped heart cookies. You need to chill the sugar cookie recipe for a couple of hours for best effect.
CONVERSATION HEART SUGAR COOKIES
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp flavored strawberry coloring
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Cream butter,sugar and eggs. Add strawberry coloring and vanilla extract,
2. Sift together all-purpose flour and baking powder.
3. Knead well and form into a ball. Chill in the refrigerator for a couple of hours until firm.
4. Roll out dough with floured rolling pin. Cut into heart shapes and stamp with alphabet cookie stamps.
5. Bake at 350 F until done.