Gingerbread dreaming

by - Monday, December 01, 2008

Christmas is on it's way! Welcome the holiday season with a batch of warm, fragrant Gingerbread Cupcakes!




Gingerbread Cupcakes

Ingredients:

1 cup cake flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ginger powder (I use thai galangal powder)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
90 g butter, softened
1/4 cup milk (optional)
2 tablespoons dark molasses
1/4 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 330 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 12 muffin pan with cupcake papers. Sift the cake flour together with the baking soda, ginger powder, nutmeg and cinnamon into a large bowl . Add the remaining ingredients. Meanwhile, cream the butter with egg and sugar. Add flour mixture to butter mixture. Combine well.

Divide mixture into cupcake cases. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.

Yield: 1 dozen cupcakes

You May Also Like

10 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing the receipe Christy. I love how you have presented them, it looks like I can just grab one out. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Perfect for Christmas... thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so delicious, I love your Christmas plate too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look absolutely delicious!! We love gingerbread at Christmas time - these will be put on our baking list for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gingerbread + cupcakes = holiday deliciousness at its best!
    Thanks for the yummy recipe!
    I hope you had a lovely holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for comming by my Blog if for noother reason than it got me here...
    You hand sew???
    Oh my Oh mY!
    And the sound of those Christmassy cuppies...Yum!
    I will pop back soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic! Love the muffin style. I must try these, perfect for our Christmas Fair at the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christy!

    Thank you for your visit...

    Having some trouble leaving a comment today...hope that it doesn't duplicate too many times. I'll be back...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous little cakes! I so love Gingerbread dreaming..maybe I should change my blog name slightly!! Hope you're having a lovely day Gxx

    ReplyDelete

Sweet! Your comment is appreciated!

Printfriendly

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

2007-2024 THE SWEET TIDINGS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. POWERED BY BLOGGER