Here's my recipe for a light and satisfying sunny afternoon snack. Pair with iced or hot mulled wine flavored tea. Bon appetit!
I love collecting recipes from the internet and I keep lots of recipe notebooks. Recently I stumbled on Keep Recipes on Lifehacker. Keep Recipe is a nifty and clever online tool that allows you to "clip and save" recipes from all over the web. It also has a nice social networking feature that allows you to follow fellow foodies, friends and even famous chefs.
This is my Keep Recipes page. Hope to follow and share recipes with you soon!
Christy's Rustic Apple Tart
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 stick chilled butter (cut into cubes)
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2-3 tablespoon cold water
- 1 piece Granny Smith apple (peeled and sliced thinly)
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Dash of freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tsp calamansi juice
- Small butter cubes ( to dot apple pie filling)
- 1 egg and 2 tbsp water
- Vanilla sugar (for sprinkling)
1. Combine flour, sugar and chilled butter in a bowl. Mix together using a pastry blender. Add cold water until pie dough is compact and can easily be rolled.
2. Roll dough into a 10"-11" circle.
3. Season apple slices with 2 tbsp sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, 2 tsp calamansi (or lemon) juice.
4. Arrange apple slices on the pie crust on a circular, fanned motion. Dot with butter cubes. Sprinkle with vanilla sugar.
5. Brush edges of pie crust with egg wash mixture. Sprinkle with vanilla sugar.
6. Bake in 350 F oven until crust turns golden brown.